It is no more news that a young man from Ikorodu area of Lagos state has decided to do Ikorodu and the entire Lagos state proud by attempting to break the Guinness Book of World Records in Marathon Loud reading for a record period of 120 Hours.
The Ikorodu ‘star’ in the making has just rounded up his second day reading marathon.
There is very little known about the Ikorodu Star, until his celebrated Guinness World Records Breaking Attempt. Below are some fact you may need to know about him
- His full name is Olawunmi Treasure Bayode
- Bayode is a Lagosian from Ikorodu Local Government of the state
- He started reading when he was in Primary 3
- While schooling, he used to assist his parents by hawking fruits and cocoyam
- He is a graduate of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree, Osun State Nigeria
- He studied Mechanical Engineering and currently work with a private firm
- He is attempting to break and set a new Guinness world record in the Longest Marathon Reading Category
- He is attempting to read for 120 hours straight, with only two hours break, every 24 hours. He will be reading day and night
- Bayode commenced a trial session via live streaming on Monday 24th October at 3pm and ended Friday, 28th November, 2017 at 3pm, totaling 96 hours of reading. He read 10 books
- Bayode currently lives in Ikorodu, Lagos State.
The current record is held by Mr Deepak Shama Bajagain from Nepal. He read aloud for 113 hours 15 minutes between September 16th – 24th, 2008.
Bayode’s world record attempt is being supported by the Lagos State Government and Guaranty Trust Bank.
If Bayode succeeds in his attempt at breaking Deepak’s record and setting a new world record, his singular effort will further help in changing the negative narratives about Nigerian youths as being irresponsible and only after material possession.
It will also help is changing public perception of Ikorodu as home of cultists and criminals.
This is wishing Olawunmi Treasure Bayode the best of luck in his noble effort.